美剧中曝光率极高的地道俚语
发布时间: 2010-05-14 浏览次数: 376

1We' ll get through this together.

  get through:度过难关

  eg: A: m so nervous about the final exam. 

  我好担心期末考试的事.

  B: Don' t worry,you' ll get through it. 

  别担心,你一定会坚持到底的.    

  Emily had a hard time adjusting to her new job but she got through this. 

  Emily经过了一个很难熬的时间去适应她的新工作,她终于扛过来了.

  

2I' m not giving in to anything.

  give in:屈服

  eg: I asked my boss for a raise for so many times that he eventually gave in.

  我跟老板说好多次加薪的事,他终于认了.

  Ellen' s husband wants to move to Moscow, but she refuses to give in because she hates cold weather.

  Ellen的老公想搬到莫斯科,但Ellen拒绝妥协,因为她很不喜欢太冷的天气.

 (3I just wanted to tell you for old times' sake.

  for old times' sake:念在往日情分

  eg: Let' s go to Pete' s Restaurant tonight for old times' sake.We haven' t been there since we moved 5 years ago. 

  我们去彼得餐厅重温往日时光吧,5年前我们搬走后就再没去过了.

  I want to meet up with my college roommates for old times' sake.We have seen each other for so long.

  我和想见见我大学时的室友,我们已经很久没见面了.

  

4windbag (a person who talks too much, especially about boring things)

  罗哩巴嗦的人

  有些人受瞎扯,谈话的内容更是枯燥乏味。英文称这种人为windbag,因为他就象装满废气的气囊,“吐”出来的尽是些无聊的“废气”。

  A: You know what? Howard spent hour talking nonsense to me last night.

  你知道吗?霍华德昨晚花了几个小时跟我讲了一大堆废话。

  B: You poor guy! Everyone knows he's a real windbag.

你这个可怜的家伙!大家都知道他是个很罗哩巴嗦的人。

摘选:随风飞羊,来源:中国青年网